We have deep experience in executing fixed-price retrofits and revamp projects involving replacement or upgrades of existing furnace units including with low and ultra-low-NOx burners.
We also provide system evaluation and process simulation and modeling for heater and process design, along with mechanical and structural engineering, and construction supervision.
We expertise in heater for environmental application to construction, retrofit and revamps. Our Principal developed design of components for modularized construction method to allow short duration and lower cost. Our highly experienced team has executed many revamp projects for performance enhancement of the furnace such as:
– Improve Thermal efficiency
– Safety compliance to NFPA codes using PLC Based BMS
– Emissions using the latest NOx reduction technology
– Metallurgical up gradation of Tubes and fitting
– Resolving capacity bottleneck
– Increase in operation performance
– Enhance Fuel efficiency
– Avoid flame impingement
– Improvements to the process pressure drop, flue gas draft and refractory
Improving Burner Efficiency—For Safety and Efficiency
The emphasis on safety in the design and operation of direct-fired heaters has steadily increased in the last two decades—and the technology relating to electronic control and automated operation of burners has evolved with it. With increased opportunity to fine-tune burners, plant engineers can not only increase safety but can also improve efficiency and lower fuel costs.
Project costing for revamps and retrofits is also strength of our experienced revamp team. We base our cost estimates on a practical assessment of potential field costs for the project scope, relying on our significant experience in this type of work.
We also offer following services to line of our products:
– Feasibility Studies
– Economical Evaluation
– HAZOP Studies
– Heater Training
One of the most common performance problems with air-cooled heat exchangers is underperformance due to airborne contaminants fouling the air side of the finned tubes. Hudson’s proprietary dry cleaning system does not use harsh foams, chemicals, water, or detergents that can damage your fins and mechanicals.
Hudson’s cleaning system allows the ability to clean induced draft air-cooled heat exchanger online while the fans will need to be shutdown in a forced draft unit. Also, tube fouling occurs from the bottom side of the tubes and unlike foams and detergents, Hudson’s system cleans from the bottom (air-side) and not from the top down. Therefore, our system is more effective in cleaning where the actual fouling is located. Also, our system is safe, environmentally friendly, non-destructive to the equipment, and proven to be the most effective in the industry at restoring unit performance. Cleaning services can be offered on a routine maintenance schedule to ensure continuous performance.
Hudson does not recommend using foams, chemicals, detergents, or water as these methods may damage mechanicals or the tubes, and may cause scaling that could affect thermal performance of the equipment.
• Dry cleaning will remove all atmospheric contaminants that acts as a restriction to airflow and also remove scaling the tubes that acts as an insulation.
• The method involves blasting tubes with abrasive blast media which will break the contaminants into smaller components and thereby can be removed as a part of the blast media exhaust.
• The pressure and flow rate is controlled in such a way that the contaminants are pulverized and removed without causing any harm to the tubes.
Think about Health, Safety and Environment
• No water necessary
• No risk of accidents due to heat stress
• No Risk of accidents with running fans
• No high pressure application anymore as the working pressure is low (5‐6 Bar) so no damages to fins as in case of foams, detergents, chemicals, and high pressure cleaning.
• No production losses as on line cleaning (while fans are running) – On Induced draft unit only
• No more lengthy motor isolation procedures
• No scaffolding or wooden boards required
• No risk of damage of fins as no walking on fins at all anymore as we stay under the finned tube bundle
• No or limited housekeeping is required
• No damage on mechanical equipment such as pumps, e‐motors, bearings
• No EEC classification for transportation or storage
• Eco-friendly material
• Dissolves in water
• Nontoxic and biodegradable formulation : no treatment of the liquid waste is required
• Removes dust, oil, soot, pollen, and other contaminants
FAN AND MECHANICAL PERFORMANCE ANALYSIS
Hudson can assist you with analyzing your current mechanical performance by providing Air Side Performance Testing in accordance with ASME PTC-30 standards, Equipment Vibration Analysis, and noise testing all utilizing Hudson’s custom designed analytics and equipment.
FAN AND MECHANICAL PERFORMANCE UPGRADES AND RE-RATES
If you need better performance from your air-cooled heat exchanger, air cooled steam condensers (ACCs), and compression coolers, Hudson can design a new fan and mechanical system to improve performance, energy efficiency, and reliability. Hudson can also show you how the improvement will affect your unit by conducting an HTRI performance re-rate. Also, Hudson’s Fin-Fan bearings, branded drive belt systems, parabolic inlet bells, tip seals, louvers, anti-rotation devices are all performance accessories to improve the maintenance life-cycle of the equipment as well as dramatically increase unit performance due to poor air inlet designs.
ENERGY SAVINGS STUDY
When looking to save power, Hudson can conduct a power savings study on how to improve the energy efficiency of your air-cooled heat exchanger.
CTI Industries, Inc. is a service company that specializes in steam condenser and heat exchanger repair.
In 1976, CTI developed a tube repair technique that today is recognized as the most widely used cost-effective system in the world. The thin-walled tube insert, the CTI Shield/SealsTM propelled our success in offering cost-effective solutions for equipment life extension.
CTI offers two basic types of sleeving for the repair of condensers and heat exchangers.
Besides condensers, these patented tube repair techniques have successfully been applied to a wide variety of exchangers – fin-fan air coolers, process shell-and-tube exchangers, hydrogen coolers, HP feedwater heaters and many more.
For those units suffering from inlet-end erosion, Stress Corrosion Cracking, crevice corrosion or any problems related to the tube-ends, CTI offers its most cost-effective tube repair, the CTI Shield/Seal™, also known as a tube insert or ferrule. Although Shields are typically only 6″ – 12″ long, some applications have required Shield lengths up to 14 feet!
Unfortunately, some exchangers suffer from full-length problems. In this case, CTI Full Length Tube Liners™ can be a very attractive alternative to a partial or full retube.
GTI Solutions provides a full range of engineering services to include:
• Process model validation
• Revamp evaluations for increased capacity
• Divided wall column design and evaluation
• Energy solutions
• Troubleshooting and benchmarking
• EPC services
• CFD analysis associated with mass transfer equipment
GTI Solutions offers field services in relation to pressure vessel internals installation. Depending on the country where the field work is located, this may involve either site supervision or advisors up to a full turnkey installation and equipment service.
Experienced service technicians with access worldwide to FanSolution® Online web-based resources keep Northern Blower’s customers up and running. State-of-the-art diagnostic equipment is used to provide the following services:
•Oversight of erection and commissioning of new equipment and retrofits
•Field vibration analysis
•Laser drivetrain alignment
•Field performance testing (where conditions permit)
Contact us to discuss our services further.